A Virginia Wine Lover Magazine Winner: Best Bed & Breakfast in VA for a Wine Weekend Getaway!
Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast offers lodging on 14 beautiful acres of serene tranquility, only six and a half miles from the excitement of the downtown pedestrian walking mall of Charlottesville, Virginia. Here, you can hear the pileated woodpecker tapping away in the surrounding forest, wander through our vineyard, watch the deer graze outside your window, and star gaze from your room deck where you will actually see the stars on display on a clear night!
Staying true to the definition of the name (Arcady: an ideal rustic paradise), Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast is a Virginia Wine Country B&B, with special amenities created by wine enthusiasts for wine lovers, as well as history buffs and fans of the great outdoors. We are conveniently located in a cluster of wineries just over two miles from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, and three miles from Monroe’s Highland. Twenty-four miles from our property is the entrance to the scenic Skyline Drive. We pride ourselves in “buying local” as much as we can, and practice green and sustainable habits as much as possible.
Although we are not a winery (we do not make, bottle or sell wine – there are over 30 in the area that do) Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast is the only B&B in Charlottesville with a working vineyard. Dave begins pruning late winter to prep our 300+ chambourcin vines for bud break in April and continues pruning and spraying through mid-September. Advice is acquired from winemaker Gavin Baum at Thatch Winery who oversees the harvesting of our grapes in mid-September. Our grapes are then combined with others to form Thatch, a decadent red dessert wine. Thatch is the only winery in the United States with a custom thatch roof and eleven miles from the B&B.
Our spacious rooms allow our guests to relax comfortably, even after opening a suitcase, and come equipped with amenities a step above the norm:
- A wine fridge stocked with a bottle of sparkling wine as well as soda and bottled water
- In-room dessert wine made from grapes similar to those grown on site, paired with local artisan chocolate
- Guest-controlled air conditioning and heat
- Bathrooms with heated tiled floor (in season) and heated towel racks
- Two-person whirlpool tub in the Baron’s, Lafayette and Mazzei rooms
- Gas fireplace in Madison Suite; electric fireplace in the Lafayette room
- Complimentary boosted high-speed wireless Internet access
- In-room Smart TVs – Catch up on your NETFLIX favorites and other complimentary pay channels
- Farm-fresh bountiful wine country breakfasts served in our sunny dining room at private tables for two
- Complimentary snacks, guest refrigerator, ice maker and microwave oven in our Barrel Room
- Back deck for lounging, watching the wildlife, and enjoying the vineyard view
- Private vineyard and expansive lawn areas for strolling
We are proud of our Virginia Green designation as an Environmentally Conscious B&B.