Welcome to Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast!
COVID-19 Update: We are fully OPEN and OPERATIONAL and look forward to welcoming you to our 14 acre retreat!
As of Wednesday, July 1, 2020 the Governor of Virginia has instituted Phase III opening protocol of businesses such as restaurants and wineries (page 8 of linked document above). This means that restaurants who have chosen to can increase indoor capacity with social distancing of at least 6 feet in between tables rather than 50% capacity only. Wineries and breweries are continuing successful socially distant INDOOR and OUTSIDE consumption/dining if they offer food, with many offering flights as tastings are mostly suspended unless by appointment. The nearby Saunders-Monticello Trail and Monticello have also reopened to visitors!
PLEASE NOTE: No one with a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other apparent symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days is permitted in our Bed and Breakfast. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse entrance to those who display symptoms of illness upon arrival. For our safety and for the safety of our guests we are taking the following measures:
- increased cleaning and sanitation of all surfaces per CDC guidelines
- breakfast set up and service and common area signage in compliance with social distancing
- hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes made available (please bring your own masks which we REQUIRE for check in and use in all common areas and gloves if desired)
Virginia Wine Lover Magazine Winner: Best Bed & Breakfast in VA for a Wine
Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast offers 14 beautiful acres of peace and quiet, only 6.5 miles from the excitement of the downtown pedestrian walking mall of Charlottesville, Virginia. Here, you can hear the pileated woodpecker tapping away in the surrounding forest, wander through our vineyard, watch the deer graze outside your window, and at night really SEE the stars stand out against the evening sky.
Staying true to the definition of the name (Arcady: an ideal rustic paradise), Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast is a Virginia Wine Country B&B, with special amenities created by wine enthusiasts for wine lovers, as well as history buffs. We are conveniently located in a cluster of wineries just over 2 miles from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, and 1 1/2 miles from Monroe’s Ashlawn-Highland. We pride ourselves in “buying local” as much as we can, and practice green and sustainable habits as much as possible.
Although we are not a winery (we do not make, bottle or sell wine – there are over 30 in the area that do) Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast is the only B&B in Charlottesville with a working vineyard. Dave begins pruning late winter to prep our 300+ chambourcin vines for bud break in April and continues pruning and spraying through mid September. Advice is acquired from winemaker Gavin Baum at Thatch Winery who oversees the harvesting of our grapes in mid September. Our grapes are then combined with others to form Thatch House Red. Thatch is the only winery in the United States with a custom thatch roof and eleven miles from the B&B.
Our spacious rooms allow our guests to relax comfortably, even after opening a suitcase, and come equipped with amenities a step above the norm:
- A wine fridge stocked with a bottle of sparkling wine as well as soda and bottled water
- Evening turndown of dessert wine made from grapes similar to those grown on site, paired with local artisan chocolate
- A glass of Virginia wine on check-in day
- In room guest controlled air conditioning and heat
- Bathrooms with heated tiled floor (in season) and heated towel racks
- Two-person whirlpool tub in the Baron’s, Lafayette and Mazzei room
- Gas fireplace in Madison Suite; electric fireplace in the Lafayette room
- Complimentary boosted high-speed wireless Internet access
- In-room Smart TV’s – snuggle up, pop some popcorn, and catch up on your NETFLIX favorites and other complimentary pay channels
- Farm-fresh bountiful wine country breakfasts served in our sunny dining room at private tables for two
- Complimentary snacks
- Back deck for lounging, watching the wildlife, and enjoying the vineyard
- Walking trails in our forest and vineyard
Click here for “A Walk through the Inn”
We are proud of our Virginia Green designation as an Environmentally Conscious B&B