Baron von Geismar, fighting with the British against the colonists during the Revolution, met Jefferson after being taken captive. The Baron’s Room remembers this interesting man who became Jefferson’s close friend.
Decorated in a German/Austrian Baroque style in soothing grey blue and white, this ground-floor room is serene and sunny, with a romantic touch.
Serene gold-framed flower pictures above the bed and creme colored love seat add a quiet beauty to the room.
As you enter, a private bath with shower is to the left. To the right is a chest of drawers. Straight ahead is the queen bed; further in to left are the whirlpool tub for two and a love seat.
Past the bed are French doors opening to a balcony overlooking the lush vineyard of Chambourcin grapes.
Room Amenities include:
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bose radio/CD player
- Fresh flowers
- Robes, hair dryer, iron, ironing board
- Comcast cable TV/DVD
- Bottle of sparkling wine, bottled water and soft drinks in room’s wine fridge
- Heated tiled bathroom floors & towel racks
- Our estate-grown dessert wine & local artisan chocolate turndown nightly
- Farm-fresh breakfast served daily at tables set for two
Sunday through Thursday $250 per night plus room tax – wine tour may be added if desired.
Weekends at Arcady require a two night stay.
Friday and Saturday books $275 per night plus room tax.
Wine tours may be added for a discount for our B&B guests at Monticello Appellation Wine Tours. Tours include:
- Driver/Guide to assist you through your tastings
- Deluxe local cheese, local chocolate and fruit plate
- Chilled bottled water