The Mazzei is named after famous Italian Philip Mazzei, who helped Thomas Jefferson plant the first commercial vineyard in America just about a mile from Arcady Vineyard in the general location of what is now Jefferson Vineyards.
Located on the ground floor, the Mazzei is decorated in a Tuscan style with burgundy and gold earth tones and Italian art. This roomy and open layout includes a king bed, whirlpool tub for two, couch, and French doors opening to a balcony overlooking the vineyard.
Entering the room, a private bath with shower is to the right, and further in is a whirlpool tub for two. To the left is a couch, and straight ahead is the king bed and chest of drawers. Continue past the bed to French doors opening to a balcony overlooking the vineyard of Chambourcin grapes.
Room Amenities include:
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bose radio/CD player
- Fresh flowers
- Robes, hair dryer, iron, ironing board
- Comcast cable TV/DVD
- Bottle of sparkling wine, bottled water and soft drinks in room’s wine fridge
- Heated tiled bathroom floors & towel racks
- Our estate-grown dessert wine & local artisan chocolate turndown nightly
- Farm-fresh breakfast served daily at tables set for two
Sunday through Thursday $250 per night plus room tax.
Weekends are booked as a two night stay.
Friday and Saturday books for $275 per night plus room tax.
Wine tours may be added for a discounted rate at Monticello Appellation Wine Tours. Tours include:
- Driver/Guide to assist you through your tastings
- Deluxe local cheese, local chocolate and fruit plate
- Chilled bottled water